You gotta start somewhere, but where??
So . . . pick a spot and start somewhere.
You’ve gone through Step #1 Start-Here. You’ve read Step #2 Organized-Mindset. You’ve read and applied Step #3 Questions To Ask Yourself . . . Now what??
This is Step #4. Start somewhere.
It's time to make that commitment to begin. I know you can do it. I'm here to help.
So let's begin. . .
Simplifying your life and getting organized can feel like an enormous topic. I know how you feel.
- You can't do it all at once, so don't even try. You'll drive yourself crazy (and that's not where we want to go).
- The trick (especially in the beginning) is not to feel over-whelmed
But, you might ask: "Where do I begin?"
Begin by picking an area. . . one area (and only one) that you would like to begin with.
"What do I pick?" (I thought I heard you ask that) . . .
Well . . . you might want to ask yourself this question: "What area is bothering me the most?"
- Is it:"I have too much mail (email, junk mail or snail mail)?" Begin with that area.
- Is it: "I can't find my bills and files?" Begin with that area.
- Is it: "I can't find my family photos or favorite family recipes?" Begin with that area.
- Is it: "I have no closet space?" Is that driving you mad? Begin with that area.
- Is it: "I have too many magazines Yep . . . you guessed it . . . begin with that area.
This is the process to use when you need to know where to begin.
Remember what I said on the Start Here page about the words organizing and organic coming from the same root word? That's because this is a PROCESS . . . something that you will need to do in more than one area.
Later on, you might even find something you organized before can be done differently or that better suits you. That's OK!
Rinse and repeat!
Does this mean that you will spend all your time organizing? Absolutely not!! If you want to simplify you life, what would be the point of that?
Realize this will take time. How much? The answer is different for everyone, but it's safe to say that the less stuff you have, the less time it will take to get organized.
Right now, the best thing you can do is to start somewhere.
But . . . before you jump over to the project areas for tips, tricks and helpful hints, remember. . .
- Start somewhere
- Pick only one thing
- Don't over think (you'll get over-whelmed)
- Remember the K-I-S-S method (keep it simply simple)
- Determine the level of detail you (and those living with you) need
- Read the article on taking Baby Steps
- Read the article on Basic Principles
- Read the article on Other Things To Consider
- Read the article on Last Things Before You Begin
- Rinse and Repeat . . . meaning . . .
Pick the next area that bothers you the most and begin again!
Before long, you'll have your life back.
By accomplishing your one thing you will have more peace of mind, a feeling of satisfaction as well as positive motivation to continue with the process.
Straighten-Up-Now . . . let's go to Step #5 Baby Steps!
Go to: Step #1: Start Here
Go to Step #2: Organized Mindset
Go to Step #3: Questions to Ask Yourself
Go to Step #4: Start Somewhere
Go to Step #5: Baby Steps
Go to Step #6: Basic Principles
Go to Step #7: Other Things to Consider
Go to Step #8: Last Things to Consider
Return to top of Start Somewhere
Home|About Me|Site Map|Contact Me|What's New?|