, pub-6983070578797176, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0

Never put water on a grease fire!

by Emily

My boyfriend was in the kitchen making some fries (go figure), when a giant flame rose up from the pan. He panicked and dropped it in the sink, turned it on, and a GIANT flame came up and his entire hand had 2nd degree burns. The pain for him lasted weeks, and I vowed never to make fries again!
Shelly's comment I'm not sure never making fries is the answer. Two things: (1) reduce the heat while cooking (or use a deep fryer instead of a pan); (2) Use Baking Soda to put out grease fires. Thank the Lord neither of you were hurt and your home is safe.

Click here to post comments

Return to Kitchen Safety Tips.