Other things to consider before you begin a project . . .
Other Things To Consider. . .
You’ve sorted, trashed, donated and sold stuff. You’ve asked yourself the Basic Principles questions about each and every item that was a Keeper.
- Determine who the most likely person to use the item is. Include them in the choices below.
- Determine the level of detail you need to find something. Don't over do the detail.
- Keep like things together (shirts with shirts, tools with tools, pots/pans with pots/pans ) . . . you get the idea!
- Determine how you want to find the item next time you look for it. Which room? What area? Alphabetical or numerical? Month or Year? Color code?
- Use a labeler to help locate items quickly. Labeling machines are fairly inexpensive these days.
- Search for How To information to help you keep the items organized and up-to-date. Searching this site is a great place to start!
- Go through things regularly (especially food, medicines, coupons, mail, bills, files, etc.). If it’s expired, it’s dead --- give it a decent burial!
- Just like compound interest at the bank, small tasks done routinely help keep the clutter under control. Perform a clutter sweep right before bedtime (get everyone in the house to pitch in).
- Choose regular times for daily chores . . . Tuesday is trash day; Saturday is for laundry, etc. This will keep you on schedule and out of hot water (sorry for the laundry pun!).
- Don’t procrastinate -- see article on Why Do People Procrastinate? (and ways to overcome it).
- If you can't seem to Let go, consider there may be deeper issues, such as Hoarding Disorder (see article on Are You A Compulsive Hoarder? (and what to do about it).
Just do it!
For other things to consider . . . Go to Step #8 . . . Last Things Before You Begin
Return to top of Other Things
Go to: Step #1: Start Here
Go to Step #2: Organized Mindset
Go to Step #3: Questions to Ask Yourself
Go to Step #4: Start Somewhere
Go to Step #5: Baby Steps
Go to Step #6: Basic Principles
Go to Step #7: Other Things to Consider
Go to Step #8: Last Things to Consider
Home|About Me|Site Map|Contact Me|What's New?|
Hi, this is Shelly Morton..the author of this website. I know you hear a lot about how to build an online business, but nothing compares to what you will see when you click the box below. Simply the best way to break the 9-5 routine!