Pages added this month:
Tips in this issue:
- Garages: Organize and Use the Space
Garages: Organize and Use the Space
Need extra space? Consider using your garage – they’re not just for cars any more!
You can make your garage an extension of your living space without doing an expensive remodel and enclosing your garage (which most realtors advise against as it may make your home less likely to sell in the future)
Here are some quick garage organizing tips:
- Reduce, Reduce, Reduce – almost everyone has far too many old, unused and/or outdated items in their garage. Go through what you have and get rid of outdated or unuseable items. You don’t need to keep old paint, oil or broken planting pots. Dispose of things safely and properly.
- Get It Up – utilize your vertical and overhead space wisely. Items such as bicycles can be hung on the wall or suspended from the ceiling with the proper storage equipment. Many home improvement stores have excellent garage systems that will help you. Hooks can help hang garden tools, hand tools, etc.
- Dress It Up – If the walls don’t look nice, paint will help. Paint the walls and floors. If the walls are unfinished, you can either put up dry wall (more expensive) or hang peg board (less expensive) prior to painting. If painting the floor, purchase a paint that resists oil stains or utilize one of the new snap together floorings especially designed for garages.
- Zone It – Put like things together – set aside one area for garden tools and yard equipment; another for tools and car maintenance, etc.
Once you’re done, you can pull the cars out and utilize the garage for extra party space, an exercise room, art studio, etc.
Join In the Fun on Straighten-Up-Now.com!
Ever wished you could share a tip you found or ask a question specific to your particular situation? Now you can!!
There are several places on Straighten-Up-Now.com that allow you to add comments or ask questions. More will be added as I have time to update the website pages to add this feature.
- Do you need to know how to begin your organizing project?
- Do you need to know what products to use for your kitchen, bathroom, or other area?
- Do you want expert advice that’s specific to your particular situation and not generalized?
Go to: Ask An Expert for organizing tips.
The information you submit will come directly to my email where I will personally respond. You can choose to remain anonymous, but the question and responses will be posted on the website. You can have your friends, family and others leave comments, suggestions or tips and rate the answers!
You can even post a picture!
It’s quick, easy, so join in the fun! It’s just ducky!
I hope you enjoyed the June 2009 issue of Messy Makeover Magazine. I consider it a privilege that you took your valuable time to subscribe and read this magazine.
If you feel you've missed an issue, please be sure to allow this publication on your email server/browser. You can always check the back issues by clicking on the link below.
Stay tuned for the next issue!
Return to top of June2009 Issue