Kids School Bags . . . Learn how to organize your backpack and book bags
Kids School Bags -- Backpacks and Book Bags
Organizing your child's backpack or book bag doesn't have to be a "thorny" issue.
Kids love color, so be sure to keep that in mind when purchasing your new backpack or book bag for the new school year.
Bags should be durable and have plenty of inside and outside pockets. It should be appropriately sized for your child.
Teach your child not to fill it with every book they have! Over-loading the book bag is harmful to your child's spine and (of lesser importance) will ruin the bag.
Here are some handy tips to keep you organized. No more losing your homework!
- Put keys, pens/pencils, and small objects in outside pockets where they are easy to reach.
- If you bag doesn't have outside pockets, use the one on the inside instead.
- Water bottles, sports drinks, sodas, etc. are best in a pocket with a net and stored on the outside, away from books and papers.
- If you participate in sports, band, etc., keep a separate bag for each activity.
- Go through the bag and clean it out daily. It's best to do it right after you come home. No moldy lunches!
- File your papers and pin up your notes when you come home. Write your reminders on your white board. You won't forget if you do it right away.
- Pack your bag now to short cut your time in the morning. If you're not a morning person, packing your books now will let you sleep later in the morning!
- Purchase smaller zip bags for small items so they won't get lost in the bigger bag. You won't have to dig in the bottom of your bag for your homework, pen, pencil or lip gloss!
Following these simple tips will help your child have a great school year!
For more information on related topics, click on the links below: