Spring Cleaning Checklist
Spring is in the air (at least here in North Central Texas).
The sky is blue, the days are warm, the birds are singing and . . .
. . . that means it’s time to do some spring cleaning spruce up!
Below is a checklist of some spring cleaning items you may want to put on your “to do” list this month.
- Wipe Walls & Ceilings Use a vacuum cleaning wand to reach high places. A Swiffer duster with an extendable/adjustable wand is also useful. Clean out those cobwebs and get rid of dirt & finger prints!
- Vacuum & Shampoo Carpets & Rugs Vacuum carpets & rugs. Synthetic carpets & rugs (with rubber backing) can be deep-cleaned with a rotary shampoo machine and hot-water extraction. Rugs without a rubber backing will need a professional cleaning crew.
- Dust Get rid of all those dust bunnies! Move furniture, pick up items and dust beneath and behind. Don’t forget ceiling fan blades, window casings & base boards.
- Clean Windows & Curtains/Blinds Clean both inside & outsides of windows. Take down draperies & curtains. Wash those that are machine washable/dryable. Dry-clean fabrics (except silk) can be wiped down with a damp cloth (water only). Wipe wooden blinds with a damp cloth.
- Wash Window Screen Use warm water, mild soap and scrub with a brush. Rinse thoroughly and allow to dry.
- Polish Wooden Furniture Dust surface first then polish with your favorite furniture polish. Finish by wiping with a dry soft cloth to remove excess.
While there are more “deep cleaning” chores that could be done, I believe this list will give you a fresh, clean home to enjoy throughout the rest of the spring and summer.
Get The BUZZZZZZ Going!
Buzz it up!
Many pages on Straighten-Up-Now.com have an option for you to post comments, leave a tip, share a concern, ask a question, make a suggestion, leave a criticism, etc. Don't be shy. It's fun, easy and will help others. You can even post a picture! You don't have to be an IT Geek -- just fill in the blanks!
The information will be submitted to my email (monitoring purposes for decency and relevance). You can choose to remain anonymous. You will receive a reply when your information is posted. I never sell email or other personal information, so you're safe on Straighten-Up-Now.com.
It's also easy for you to rate comments left by others (including mine)!
You can also get the Buzz Going by clicking on the "Socialize It."
Share your favorite pages: Google, Yahoo Buzz, Facebook, MySpace, Stumbleupon, Technorati, del.icio.us, Twitter.
I hope you enjoyed the April 2011 issue of Messy Makeover Magazine. I consider it a privilege that you took your valuable time to subscribe and read this magazine.
If you feel you've missed an issue, please be sure to allow this publication on your email server/browser. You can always check the back issues by clicking on the link below.
Stay tuned for the next issue! Toodles!